Receives requests from content owners/shipboard/agencies or operators customers and validates specifications/requirements. Makes and offers quotes and alternatives for good prices and timely delivery of goods/services to our clients.
• Makes purchase orders to our major according to best seller products
• Receives quotes requisitions for goods/services and clarifies needs with requestor
• Processes emergency orders for goods/services required for clients
• Responsible for calling/emailing/visiting with customers regularly to provide status updates on open orders
• Monitors majors performance to ensure consistent service and on time deliveries.
• Provides recommendations and analysis of specialized lubricant products for customer and management selection
• Liaises with shipboard and/ transport personnel to ensure proper ordering and timely delivery of good and services to operational vessels without interruption
• Keeps physical inventory valuation – purchases vs. sales
• Eventually may travel to visit ships, clients or suppliers, for loading and delivering
• Responsible for researching and resolving issues including delivery failures, delivery discrepancies, invoices in disputes and others
• Manage and develop a profitable portfolio of accounts and prospects
• To develop local controlled business in assigned territory and increase sales volumes/revenues based on company strategy and individual sales target
• To establish & maintain long-term relationship with customers and key stakeholder in order to successfully grow the business
• To maintain good data quality in the sales relevant activities such as sales account list, sales engagement, monthly sales call plan, CRM(Customer Relationship Management) and sales call reimbursement
• Challenge freight forwarders to comply with exportation requirements and manage the end-to-end customer experience by managing the execution of master data updates, profiles, pricing/quote, orders, inquiries, product information requests, and invoicing.
• Audit, interpret and recommend pallet optimization options that impact customer order size based on transport (truck or boat) capacity and initiate appropriate actions to finalize orders.
• Manage and comply the Curacao law and documentation requirement process for nationalization compliance. The process has leadership visibility, high risk and zero tolerance for processing documentation erroneously.
• Manage and support any customer special communication requirements including supply chain and logistics.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in freight forwarding, sales related experience preferred
• Good command in English, Dutch, Papiamento and Spanish reading, writing and speaking
• Good track record of sales, business development or account development
• Highly self-motivator, willing to accept challenges and work with team
• Associate degree or equivalent required
• Minimum of 2 years of customer service, sales support experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Exceptional customer service oriented people skills. Enthusiastic, autonomous self-starter and biased to action. Excellent organization skills that delivers Key Performance Indicators and objectives.
• Strong knowledge of the sales and order-to-cash process. Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and take inputs from many sources; flexibility and adaptability to change.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.